[c-nsp] Sniffer Recommendations Wanted

Wojtek Zlobicki wojtek.zlobicki at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 07:49:59 EDT 2004

I love Ethereal.  We've used it in cases even when Sniffer Pro
licenses were had.  What I need now is a portable solution (It seems
that Dolch enclosures are very popular, all the vendors seem to be
using one).  I would prefere a packaged solution, I would prefer not
to just buy some analysis module.  I need to be able to sniff 1Gbps
without a hitch, I know of no network card that has that kind of
buffer.  Some of the vendors I've looked at have 1/2 GB buffers, this
way, I dont roast my ethernet controller trying to save the capture to
disk.