[c-nsp] New Cisco Switch?

John Neiberger John.Neiberger at efirstbank.com
Wed Apr 6 16:06:26 EDT 2005

Because I'm in the market for such an animal, I've heard rumors that
Cisco might be coming out with a low-priced 48-port 10/100 switch with
gigabit uplinks in the near future. I think they're trying to figure out
how to compete with the HP ProCurve 2950 switches (48-port 10/100 with
both copper and fiber uplinks and lots of features for $900 after
discount.)

Have any of you heard anything about these switches? I'd really like to
find out more about them.

Since this might be privileged information, feel free to respond to me
directly from an anonymous email address. LOL  Just kidding...sort of.
:-)

Thanks,
John