[c-nsp] 3750 switch stack

Gyebnár Krisztián gyebi at freemail.hu
Tue Apr 12 12:34:04 EDT 2005

thx Robert,

Yes, earlier we did this:

Switch#  Role      Mac Address     Priority     State
*1       Master    0011.218c.f180     15        Ready
 2       Slave     0012.0118.ba80     14        Ready
 3       Slave     0012.0118.5b80     13        Ready
 4       Slave     0012.0108.3300     12        Ready
 5       Slave     0012.0118.1d80     11        Ready
 6       Slave     0012.010a.8300     10        Ready

if i reload the Master: no problem the switch 2 become the master(priority
14)

and if the switch 1 (the old master with priority 15) come up again he
trigger all others in the stack to reload and do stack master election;

the problem is the "reload",  because this mean 2 minute outage in the
entire switch network and in the service (240 Fastethernet port down)

Krisztián