[c-nsp] Bellsouth BBG Configuration

John Souvestre johns at sstar.com
Mon Apr 18 17:23:33 EDT 2005

Hello.

 > Does anyone have an example Cisco configuration of the NSP side
 > for setup with Bellsouth BBG service?

See below.  :-)

John

    John Souvestre - Southern Star - (504) 888-3348 - www.sstar.com

===  (start)

!!!  This config info is for a BBG PPPoE setup using aal5snap.  It is taken
from a Cisco 3745 router running IOS 12.3(6a).  There are two tunnels, one for
users and one for testing.  I have included only the relative, essential
stuff.

!!!  There is a vpdn group for each tunnel, regular (users) and test.

vpdn enable
vpdn ip udp ignore checksum             ! Needed for CEF switching

vpdn-group 1
 description BBG Users
 accept-dialin
  protocol l2tp
  virtual-template 1
 terminate-from hostname xxxxx
 local name xxxxx
 l2tp tunnel password xxxxx

vpdn-group 2
 description BBG Test
 accept-dialin
  protocol l2tp
  virtual-template 2
 terminate-from hostname xxxxx
 local name xxxxx
 l2tp tunnel password xxxxx

!!!  There is a ATM PVC for each tunnel.  I use a vc-class to set up stuff
which is common amongst different ATM's.  It is left over from days when I had
multiple T1 ATM's.  But it is still usefull because I don't have to put
"aal5snap" everywhere.

vc-class atm 1
  encapsulation aal5snap
  protocol ipx inarp no broadcast

interface ATM1/0
 description ATM T3
 no ip address
 ip route-cache flow
 class-int 1                           ! For the vc-class
 atm scrambling cell-payload
 atm uni-version 4.0
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 no atm ilmi enable

interface ATM1/0.1001 point-to-point
 description BBG Users
 ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 255.255.255.252
 pvc x/xxx

interface ATM1/0.1002 point-to-point
 description BBG Test
 ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 255.255.255.252
 pvc x/xxx

!!!  The PPPoE links need a termination interface.  If your router is
dedicated to nothing but ADSL then you can use the EtherNet interface.  I
prefer to use a Loopback.

interface Loopback0
 ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 255.255.255.0
 ip route-cache flow

!!!  For each of the vpdn groups there is a Virtual Template.  These are used
by the system when a PPPoE user logs in to automatically create a Virtual
Access interface for him.  BellSouth supports both CHAP and PAP.  Some ISP's
don't like PAP so they allow only CHAP.

interface Virtual-Template1
 description BBG Users
 mtu 1492
 ip unnumbered Loopback0
 ip route-cache flow
 peer default ip address pool DYN-POOL         ! Change as needed
 ppp authentication chap pap
 ppp ipcp dns xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

interface Virtual-Template2
 description BBG Test
 mtu 1492
 ip unnumbered Loopback0
 ip route-cache flow
 peer default ip address pool DYN-POOL         ! Change as needed
 ppp authentication chap pap
 ppp ipcp dns xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
 ppp ipcp predictive

!!!  I have everything set up but Radius.  So I'm working with just two local
usernames (regular and test) for the moment till I get it set up.  You might
want to start this way, just to get stuff working, without having to worry
about Radius issues initially.

username xxxxx at xxxxx password xxxxx
username xxxxx at test-xxxxx password xxxxx

aaa authentication ppp default local-case

ip local pool DYN-POOL xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

===  (end)