[c-nsp] 6509/Sup720/Hybrid/Native Question

lists at hojmark.org lists at hojmark.org
Thu Apr 21 17:21:02 EDT 2005

> Are you sure that SXD won't be developped further more ?

No, I can't say I'm sure. It's just what I've been told.

I guess, if enough customers tell Cisco they'll have to keep
fixing SXD, they will. Actually, as far as I understand, SXD3
was meant to be the last SXD, but then I guess they found too
many errors and had too far to go for the SXE release.

> The new SXE release is so stuffed with new features & suppor-
> ted hardware that I doubt one can deploy that monster without
> fears.

I agree. I have a few open DDTSes on SXD, which will not be in
that release, so now I waiting for SXE2... or something. Sigh.

-A