[c-nsp] RAMs at Catalyst

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Thu Apr 21 17:45:58 EDT 2005

Gert Doering wrote:

> We've collected a 2900, 2900XL and 2926 over time.  The 2926 is a
> fixed-config-SupII-5000.  The 2900XL is a "standard XL" switch.  The
> 2900 is a 2HE switch with two expansion bays for "high speed uplink
> modules" (like 2x 100BaseFX).

If we're picking nits <grin> then the 2900XLs come in both 4Mb and 8Mb
flavors, the former lacking copper trunking and some other features, and
residing in a "deeper" footprint case (though the same vertical
rackspace), and frozen in IOS-time several releases behind the 8Mbs.

If you're shopping for cheap 2900XLs for whatever purpose, you may be
disappointed in the older 4Mb series.

Jeff