[c-nsp] 7513 with RSP4 IOS recomendation?

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Fri Apr 22 09:28:12 EDT 2005

a) Please get off those legacy IP boards. If you run MLPPP
   on the MC-2T3+ PA you want to run it in distributed mode.
   And to do that you really want all your boards capable
   of doing dCEF.

   Yes I know it should work even with a board in the box
   that doesn't do dCEF but then IOS isn't supposed to have
   any issues.

b) I would go with the latest 12.3 mainline or either 12.0(27)S_throttle.

c) If you want to put the MLPPP bundle in a VRF that is only supported
   in 12.3/T latest.

Unless there is a specific reason you are on 12.2S you shouldn't
be there just yet. There is a train coming out later this year
that will focus on the midrange routing platforms (12.2SB) and
hopefully merge a bunch of the features for 12.0S and 12.2S.

Rodney