[c-nsp] DS3 breakdown for T1 resale

ITE Max Palisson maxp at ite.net
Fri Apr 29 03:09:10 EDT 2005

Hi, we have a 3845 with a NM1T3-E3 card connected to the
Internet. We are thinking about offering T1 access to the
Internet to a dozen customers, maybe more over time. Cost is a
determining factor, as usual. T1 service would be resold with
block of static IPs from a /21, and we need to handle the
routing.

We were looking at using VWIC-2MFT-T1 on NM-2FE-2W network
modules to get up to 20 T1 lines (max. on a 3845 with DS3
installed), starting with just 3 or 4 T1 ports.

Any suggestion on that setup to minimize upfront and long term
costs, offer additional services, maybe get a 7500 with a T3 to
the Internet on one side, and a channelized CT3 card to the CO ?

Thanks in advance for any feedback or network diagram or ideas!

  Pat