[c-nsp] Re: Difference between 3560 and 3570

lists at hojmark.org lists at hojmark.org
Wed Aug 3 19:58:44 EDT 2005

> Can anybody tell me what the essential differences between
> 3560 and [3750] catalysts are, software and hardware, aside
> from the few different hardware configuration options available
> to the lines.

The 3560 originally only came into life, because the 3550 could
not meet the IEEE PoE standard, so they took the 3750, which had
standards compliant PoE, removed the stacking ports, and lowered
the price to something slightly less insane.

So, from a hardware perspective, the 3560 *is* a 3750, except for
the stacking ports, which are missing on the back of the chassis.

Which software features will be left out on the 3560 to 'justify'
the price of the 3750 is anybody's guess. Today, they're the same,
as far as I can tell.

-A