[c-nsp] problem in cisco 3640 -console

Sam Crooks sam.a.crooks at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 01:34:39 EDT 2005

What's the config register?

Sounds like baud rate is correct, but maybe a terminal setting or a serial
setting (flow control??) is not...

Also , I ran across this last week, where the config had

Line con 0
Speed 115200

Even though config-reg was 0x2102,

So every boot, sh ver says config-register == 0x2102 (0x3902 on next boot)

I could see booting, but past a certain spot... no more console or output...
because the console port speed changed partway through the boot sequence.

Another thing might be: what's the terminal client?  .... minicom (unix)
[CTRL-A L] has a different break sequence than hyperterminal (windows)
[CTRL-Break]...

I'd make sure you are not doing anything funny too, like a USB-DB9 serial
adapter ...

Sammy