[c-nsp] Debugging T1 Bounces on CT3

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Sat Aug 13 15:48:39 EDT 2005

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, Jon Lewis wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, Greg Boehnlein wrote:
>
> > Since we couldn't solve the problem, we moved as many T1s as possible to 8
> > port cards on a 7206, leaving only 6 T1s on the PA-MC-T3 card. We are
> > still getting the errors.
>
> Have you considered moving the PA-MC-T3 card to a 7206?  We have a bunch
> of them in 7206's and haven't had any trouble.  I've never tried one in a
> VIP.

No, but since I have a spare PA-MC-T3 and an extra 7206, I could do that
rather easily.

> > I can do) I'm not sure what else I can do. I have a Carrier Access Wide
> > Bank 28 and a Telco Systems Edgelink 100 sitting on the shelf.
>
> All our m13 muxes are CAC WideBank28's.

The ONLY thing that annoys me about the CACs is the lack of a battery back
for the clock settings and no NTP client. Not that muxes should be power
cycled often, but it does happen occasionally, and it is a PITA to reset
it back up again.

                             KP-216-121-ST