[c-nsp] Port-Channelling with different interface types

Elmar K. Bins elmi at 4ever.de
Mon Aug 15 02:39:25 EDT 2005

brett at looney.id.au (Brett Looney) wrote:

> address (depending on configuration) to choose the physical port, you could
> end up with very odd performance issues as lots of traffic is shunted down
> the 100Mb/s link. To put it another way, port channeling doesn't look at
> interface speeds before making any decisions.

Only gives you trouble, true. If you want more bandwidth, use equal-bw
interfaces, if you need redundancy, you're fine with different interfaces.

> The same as far as I know... And as far as your previous question, while I
> haven't done it I can't think of any reason you can't port channel between
> a SFP port and a normal UTP port.

No problems at all with this (3750 vs. X6408A).

Yours,
	Elmi.

--

"Begehe nur nicht den Fehler, Meinung durch Sachverstand zu substituieren."
                          (PLemken, <bu6o7e$e6v0p$2 at ID-31.news.uni-berlin.de>)