[c-nsp] best way to announce ibgp routes

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Tue Aug 16 13:48:08 EDT 2005

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, matthew zeier wrote:

> A. Do I initiate ibgp routes from the core with nailed up statics and
> appropriate network statements?
>
> B. Do I initiate ibgp routes on the borders with appropriate network
> statements and depend on IGP to get me the routes (with sync on)?

I'd initiate IBGP routes from the borders and make the core routers
reflector clients, but avoid synchronization.  It's also a good idea to
use peer-groups to minimize the number of individual sessions you have to
build on each router.

You use Loopback addresses on each router and your routing protocols use
those for router IDs, etc, right?

jms