[c-nsp] Cat6500 Sup1440

Eric Pylko eric at infinitenetworks.us
Thu Aug 18 20:42:06 EDT 2005

Cisco does have 9000W power supplies in the works for the 6500 family.  If I
recall correctly, they have 3x220V inputs and can probably work with 3x110V
inputs at 4500W.

I googled for 'cisco "9000 watt" power supply' and found someone who did a
MIB walk which talked about the PS.  I am also pretty sure I saw a
presentation for partners which included it.  In fact, doing a search for
9000W on Cisco's site comes up with: http://tinyurl.co.uk/gygl

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/prod_bulletin0900aecd8
17a5e7.html

Finally, I think there are unused traces which are enabled with the Sup1440
to give double the throughput.

-Eric