[c-nsp] I need ACL management tool

Volodymyr Yakovenko vovik at dumpty.org
Thu Aug 25 05:43:19 EDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 04:00:55PM -0300, Diego de Oliveira wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>
>    Is anyone aware some tool that provide management ACLs in Cisco Routers
>??
>I?m looking for a GUI interface for this tool.

Take a look at http://www.solsoft.com/

In our environment it works with range of Cisco routers/l3switches/firewalls.

There is just one issue I should mention. Cisco L3 switches are limited
in ammount of TCAM entries which are used for HW ACL processing.
The ACL-into-TCAM merge algorithm results in terms of TCAM occupation
is not easy predictable. So for L3 switches with limited TCAM size
(3550/3560/3750) I do personally recommend hand made ACL rather than
Solsoft-generated (they are notably bigger).

>Cheers !

Regards,
Volodymyr.