[c-nsp] MIBs for Processor and Memory utilization?

Howard C. Berkowitz hcb at gettcomm.com
Fri Aug 26 14:41:18 EDT 2005

At 10:28 AM -0600 8/26/05, John Neiberger wrote:
>  >>> "Howard C. Berkowitz" <hcb at gettcomm.com> 8/26/05 10:17:08 AM >>>
>>First, is there any way to view the Cisco MIB library directly,
>>rather than pulling down the .my files and running them through a
>>compiler?
>>
>>If not, I'd appreciate pointers to the appropriate MIBs or OIDs that
>>break processor and memory utilization. I'm trying to put together
>>some procedures about comparing and contrasting internal effects of
>>router exploits, with the external effects measured (at the
>>surveillance level) with NetFlow.
>>
>>My particular lab uses 26yyXM routers, although if there are platform
>
>>specific MIBs, as with distributed switching, I'd appreciate a
>>pointer there as well.
>
>I haven't had enough coffee yet today so I may be misinterpreting what
>you're asking for, but take a look here:
>
>http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/MIBS/servlet/index
>
>Is that what you're looking for?

More the inverse of it. I'm trying to find the objects, presumably in
a Cisco extended MIB, that report processor and memory statistics.
Just having the names of MIBs doesn't suggest which Cisco MIBs
contain data elements. If there were a search tool that could look
for an OID given keywords, that's more what I need.