[c-nsp] Cisco IPS 4200's

Paul Stewart pstewart at nexicomgroup.net
Wed Aug 31 11:30:49 EDT 2005

Anyone use these?  Any thoughts on them?

I have one specific question on the 4215's for example:

Can a pair of them be put inline to "work together" like a cluster?
Here's an example why I ask....

Cisco 3662 Router with 3FE's
1FE is inbound trunk ports
(2)FE's are outbound OSPF traffic to the core routers

I'd like to put an IPS on each of the 2 FE ports leaving the router
towards the core.... Can this be done?  I'm using this model because if
it was a 7513 for example with 6 FE's coming in and then 2 GE's leaving,
I'd rather put them inline on the interfaces going towards the core...
Is this correct?

Thanks,

Paul Stewart