[c-nsp] Cisco IOS

Tim Franklin tim at colt.net
Fri Dec 9 05:28:53 EST 2005

> Sorry, but nooooooo way is CCO's search engine stuck in 1995.
> At least, in 98, it rocked. You were able to search within
> heirarchical sections, search within results and you got some
> relatively meaningful answers, not screens and screens of
> release notes for things you don't give a rat's proverbial about.

I meant more that it's at a decade-old level of general search engine
functionality.  I remember it working better in the past too, it's nice to
hear it's not just me with my rose-tinted nostalgia-specs on.

My absolute bugbear these days is the inability to get group / phrase
searching to work.  If I'm trying to find out about a specific config
fragment "foo bar boz", giving me anything with foo OR bar OR boz in really
doesn't help, especially if "foo" is actually "ip".  Likewise with the
decision that punctuation is not important - if I've asked to search for
"quux-frobnitz", there's a good chance that it's the actual hyphenated
phrase I'm interested in.

Rant ends, we now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

Regards,
Tim.

____________   Tim Franklin                 e: tim at colt.net
\C/\O/\L/\T/   Product Engineering Manager  w: www.colt.net
 V  V  V  V    Managed Data Services        t: +44 20 7863 5714
Data | Voice | Managed Services             f: +44 20 7863 5876