[c-nsp] DoS resiliency/security BCP for C7609?

Zitibake zitibake at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 13 15:26:05 EST 2005

Can anyone think of some best current practices for plugging any
vulnerabilities on the C7609?  I have one at the public edge of my network, and
need to do what I can to help keep it running.  My device is just doing simple
ospf/bgp/netflow.  I'm not talking about stopping a DoS on the 7609; just
survivability of the device itself.

For example, I saw a note here awhile back about performance issues when
fragmenting large numbers of pps on the 7609.

Zitibake