[c-nsp] MLP disable threshold

Jessup, Toby Toby.Jessup at qwest.com
Fri Dec 16 12:47:43 EST 2005

Tasman boxes have a mlppp minimum_links command which will remove a
whole MLP bundle from service if a lower threshold of working T1s is
reached (so I am told). I can't find a similar Cisco command.

I want the MLP data link entirely removed from the router RIB if "x" T1s
go down. This would be to facilitate a layer-3 failover to another path.
And restore the data link in the RIB again if the T1 (or whatever)
minimum is restored.

The Cisco ppp multilink links minimum command does not sound like it
does this (appears to control dialing to add capacity -- not for taking
the whole data link down and up based on bundle state as I want).

This would be a nice feature for any bundling protocol (MLP, ECMP, MLFR,
IMA).

Toby Jessup
Qwest Communications
National Technical Services