[c-nsp] Interface Indexing on Cisco Routers

Olivier Dauby olivier.dauby at scarlet.be
Fri Dec 23 12:37:27 EST 2005

Marko Milivojevic wrote:
> 	You can use "snmp-server ifindex persist".

We currently use this command on our 7206VXR core and access network running 12.2(25)S4, but each time we reload a router, ifindex list is jammed :(

Can anyone tell me if this behaviour is normal ? :

1) nvram:ifIndex-table exists and contains binary data where I can see my interfaces.
2) I add a subinterface, but nvram:ifIndex-table content did not change
3) I save te config with this new subinterface, and nvram:ifIndex-table content did not change.

I expected some change

O.