[c-nsp] Problem Configuring Cisco 7000 Router

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Feb 9 03:16:13 EST 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 10:11:30PM -0500, kmattar at cs.bu.edu wrote:
> Thanks for all your help. I will definitely try one of the RP's from the other
> 7000's. Is there no way to load a configuration from a flash memory card without
> connecting to the router?

Not from where you stand right now - the config comes from an internal NVRAM,
not from the flash card.  You *can* configure it to fetch its config from
the flash card, but this will only work if you store that specific bit in
the NVRAM - catch-22.

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 10:18:25PM -0500, kmattar at cs.bu.edu wrote:
> One last question. Please excuse my ignorance! Can I disconnect an RP from
> another router and use it to configure the one with the damaged RP? And then use
> telnet for future configuration updates?

No, because the config NVRAM is part of the RP.  So the config moves around
with the RP.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de