[c-nsp] missing SDP in H.323/SIP interworking

Steve Knight SKnight at masergy.com
Wed Feb 9 16:45:40 EST 2005

Hello,

I am testing a new version of IOS, Version 12.3(11)T2, on a 7204 VXR,
for interworking H.323 and SIP. I've enabled the interworking with the
"allow-connections h323 to sip" command. My test call-flow is as
follows:

7960/CCM 4.02---->----H.323---->----7204VXR---->----SIP----->----NexTone
iServer

When I place a test call from the IP phone, the 7204VXR converts the
H.323 call & sends out a SIP INVITE--but, without any SDP information.
The missing SDP info in the INVITE (endpoint IP address, preferred
codec, etc) seems to be present in the upstream H.225 cs: setup
messaging.

If I use the "CSIM start xxxxxx" command in the IOS to generate a SIP
test call directly from the 7204VXR, the SDP information is included in
the INVITE.

Has anyone else had any luck with H.323/SIP interworking on the 72xxVXR?
Is the omission of the SDP info in the SIP INVITES a bug, or a case of
mis-configuration on my part?

Thank you,

SK