[c-nsp] %FIB-SP-4-FIBXDRINV: Invalid format. Special prefix with invalid if_number

Anthony D Cennami acennami at neupath.com
Fri Feb 11 15:39:18 EST 2005

A recent conversion of an HSRP enabled L3 Ethernet port to a dot1q trunk
with replacement SVI's resulted in the following error:

%STANDBY-6-STATECHANGE: GigabitEthernet3/5 Group 12 state Active -> Init
%FIB-SP-4-FIBXDRINV: Invalid format. Special prefix with invalid if_number

(6500) RA -3/5--><--1/1 SWA (4000)
(6500) RB -3/5--><--1/2 SWA (4000)

The above message was only displayed on the RB log.

My guess is that this is related to the HSRP transition in conjunction
with the physical port transition at nearly the same time.  But I'd like a
definitive answer.

Cisco only says this is a software error, and to contact TAC; I'd prefer
to isolate the issue without opening a case, if anybody is familiar with
the error.

Thanks,

Anthony