[c-nsp] PPP Mulitilink on 3620

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Tue Feb 22 12:11:19 EST 2005

David Simmons - EliteUKServe.Net wrote:
> Thanks for this.
>
> I saw this. Can you clarify to me then what my maximum PPS for this router
> would be utilising the multilink¿ 2k?

Change your load-interval to 30 seconds on your multilink interface.
That will give you a better view of current traffic...

If your 5 minute is around 1500 pps, good chance that you have some
2000+ pps spikes in there.  AFAIK all MLPPP is process switched, which
kills router CPU on smaller routers like the 3620 at the multi-meg level.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

"I thought I had a great idea today, but it never really took off. In
fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it
exploded in the hangar." - Calvin and Hobbes