[c-nsp] EoMPLS on 6500

Alexandre Snarskii snar at paranoia.ru
Wed Jan 5 05:04:50 EST 2005

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 11:17:18PM +0200, Vytautas Valancius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yet another question about EoMPLS on 6500.
> In the documentation I found that quatation "?You cannot have a direct
> Layer 2 connection between PEs with Ethernet over MPLS"
> http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/core/cis7600/cfgnotes/optical/122sx/mpls.htm .
>
> If I understand that correctly - we cannot run EoMPLS between to PEs if
> they are 6500 and connected directly. Can anybody confirm that?

In my lab two 65xx connected with layer3 interfaces can run EoMPLS
between them. Interface configs are just like:
in gi X/Y
 no switchport
 ip address ..
 tag-switching ip

Never tried that with layer2 interfaces: if they are l2 (switchport)
you have no need in EoMPLS - you may just set these interfaces in trunk
mode and transmit traffic over vlan...