[c-nsp] Persistent Convergence Oscillation in BGP Confederations

Brian Feeny signal at shreve.net
Fri Jan 7 16:56:58 EST 2005

I was wondering if anyone with experience in dealing with PCO in a
Confederation, can share
what they have done to mitigate it.  I realize there are many ways to
handle this, and I have read
RFC 3345 as well as alot of stuff out there, but knowing what others
have used in a actual
operational environment would be interesting.

I plan to use a hub-spoke topology from a logical point of view for
connecting sub-AS's.  Also
all the transit goes into the backbone/hub sub-AS (at least for now).
I believe that alone would
stop type II churn if I read correctly.  It would seem you almost
always need to raise the inter-sub-AS
IGP metric above the intra-sub-AS IGP metric to ensure loop free
topology.

Brian

------
Brian Feeny, CCIE #8036, CISSP    	e: signal at shreve.net
Network Engineer           			p: 318.213.4709
ShreveNet Inc.             			f: 318.221.6612