[c-nsp] Deferred packets on 2950 10/full interface

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sat Jan 15 03:55:22 EST 2005

It sounds crazy to me for the dropping back to half duplex also,
however the Thunderlan chipset in the Compaq Professional 2000
workstations would do just this - if manually configured for full
duplex it will drop to half duplex if plugged into a hub that
was non autonegotiating.  This caused problems with many autonegotiating
hubs as the card had problems figuring out if something was
autonegotiating or not and often assumed autonegotiating hubs
really wern't autonegotiating and would go to half duplex.  Meanwhile
the hub would assume the Tlan card was full duplex and setup for
it.

Ted