[c-nsp] 7500 PPPoE dCEF aggregation

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sun Jan 16 23:10:36 EST 2005

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 04:29:03PM -0500, Joe Maimon wrote:
> As it stands, both GRE and L2TP are dCEF on the 7500 platform, I dont
> see how PPPoE which has only a 8 byte header compared to GRE's 24 would
> be so much harder.

Out of curiosity: for these tunnels which VIP does the encapsulation work?
The VIP that has the outgoing interface corresponding to the "tunnel dest"
IP?  Or can you tie GRE/L2TP processing to a specific VIP (sort of like
the Juniper Tunnel PIC)?

Back on topic, I think the 7200/NPE-G1 or 7301 are very interesting boxes
here - much less real estate, much faster primary CPU, and a fast second
CPU that Cisco is already working on, implementing these nice things...

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de