[c-nsp] POSIP and PA-POS differences

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Wed Jan 19 22:58:52 EST 2005

This link:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/ifaa/ifpz/prodlit/1046_pp.htm

Seems to indicate that there are few real differences between the older
POSIP-OC3-50SM blades for the 7500 and using a PA-POS-OC3SML in a VIP2-50.
Besides the POSIP being end of life, are there any performance differences
between the POSIP and the PA-POS in a VIP2-50? I would assume probably
not, since the POSIP in this case uses the same CPU and memory as a
VIP2-50, and the only difference is the POSIP's media interface uses both
PA slots in the VIP2. I'm concerned there might be other issues that are
not well documented, and all Google finds is that link above... Does
anyone have more info on the differences (if any) between these two OC3
interfaces?

     -Bill