[c-nsp] Re: Packet Generator

Djerk Geurts djerk.cisco at easynet.nl
Thu Jan 20 04:50:01 EST 2005

Up to layer 7 performance testing. Spirent even has a box that can do
application level testing at Gigabit speed. (Webavalanche priced at 100k -
300k Euro.)

Pricing depends on functionality. If only layer 2 or 3 is required then a
smartbit 6000 (Spirent) will do, these are a lot cheaper. They are often
used by carriers to stress test lines according to RFC standards, smart BER
testers. My previous employer used them to test Metropolitan Gigabit
Ethernet circuits.

Djerk