[c-nsp] Jitter measurments using SAA

Richard J. Sears rsears at americanIS.net
Mon Jan 24 12:14:39 EST 2005

We use JFFNMS to measure jitter on all of our links. It uses the SAA from
Cisco. Take a look at  their features page.

http://www.jffnms.org

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:23:23 +0200
"M.Palis" <security at cytanet.com.cy> wrote:

> Hello all
>
> We would like to measure jitter using Service Assurance Agent from a Cisco
> router and graph the results using cricket or mrtg or RTG.
>
> We try with Cricket but we did not manage to measure jitter. We manage to
> measure icmp=echo delay but not jitter.
>
> Can anybody help me with the above issue? Does Cricket support Jitter
> measurements? If no Is it possible to measure Jitter using MRTG or RTG?
>

> Your help will be appreciated

Richard J. Sears
Vice President
American Internet Services
rsears at adnc.com
http://www.adnc.com
858.576.4272 - Phone
858.427.2401 - Fax
INOC-DBA - 6130

I fly because it releases my mind
from the tyranny of petty things . .

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've
never been hurt and dance like you do when nobody's
watching."