[c-nsp] condition BGP quastion

Nikolai Abromov nabromov at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 03:34:11 EST 2005

Hi Bruce,

First - thanks for your reply I know about bgp condition , but I'm not
quite sure how to setup the rule and there is the problem

 uplink1       uplink2
     |                |
[router A] - [router B]

                 [customer]

and  both uplinks are marked with community strings where first
uplinks is (xxx:001) the second is (xxx:002), I tried to made when the
routes from second
uplink disappear then advertise prefix-list which is in route-map
"advertize" to uplink1
the configuration is something like this

route-map track-as1111, permit, sequence 10
  Match clauses:
    community (community-list filter): 150
  Set clauses:
  Policy routing matches: 0 packets, 0 bytes

route-map advertize, permit, sequence 10
  Match clauses:
    ip address prefix-lists: advertise-this
  Set clauses:
  Policy routing matches: 0 packets, 0 bytes

[..]
neighbor 192.168.1.1 advertise-map advertize non-exist-map track-as1111

..

so it's that possible or I do something wrong?