[c-nsp] atm ds3 to a cisco 7200 for adsl aggregation

Chad Whitten cwhitten at nexband.com
Sat Jul 9 01:36:22 EDT 2005

im trying to get an atm ds3 from bellsouth turned up on a cisco 7206 with
a pa-t3 card and not having much luck.  ive searched through the list
archives and tried pieces of configs from different folks but no go.

my subscriber has a link and the bellsouth tech's can see the modem

my interface on my router shows up/up but all i see is input and no output
and most of the input is errors.

the router is connected to a ds3 that is fed off a lucent metropolis dmx
oc12 shelf.  the atm switch is a lucent cbx.  if i loop up my interface,
the lucent cbx can see the loop and a loop on the oc12 will show up on the
cbx.

bell is telling me im missing something in my config but wont/cant tell me
what and im at a loss. could anyone suggest anything?

my atm config is
interface ATM4/0
 description DS3_ATM
 no ip address
 ip route-cache flow
 no ip mroute-cache
 atm clock INTERNAL
 atm scrambling cell-payload
 atm framing cbitplcp
 atm uni-version 4.0
 no atm auto-configuration
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 no atm address-registration
 no atm ilmi-enable

ive tried different framing (cbitadm, m23plcp & m23adm), different
uni-version, no scrambling, scrambling, clock internal and clock line - no
go on any of them.

Interface ATM4/0:
AAL enabled:  AAL5 , Maximum VCs: 4095, Current VCCs: 5

Maximum Transmit Channels: 0
Max. Datagram Size: 4528
PLIM Type: DS3 - 45000Kbps, Framing is C-bit PLCP,
DS3 lbo: short, TX clocking: INTERNAL
Cell-payload scrambling: ON
33 input, 0 output, 0 IN fast, 0 OUT fast, 0 out drop
 Avail bw = 45000
Config. is ACTIVE

ATM4/0 is up, line protocol is up
  Hardware is ENHANCED ATM PA
  MTU 4470 bytes, sub MTU 4470, BW 40704 Kbit, DLY 190 usec,
     reliability 234/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
  Encapsulation ATM, loopback not set
  Encapsulation(s): AAL5
  4095 maximum active VCs, 5 current VCCs
  VC idle disconnect time: 300 seconds
  0 carrier transitions
  Last clearing of "show interface" counters 00:04:35
  Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0
  Queueing strategy: Per VC Queueing
     37 packets input, 5883 bytes, 0 no buffer
     88 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
     0 packets output, 0 bytes, 0 underruns

Chad Whitten