[c-nsp] 7304 NSE-100, PXF & PBR

Marco Berger faithless at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 12:16:16 EDT 2005

Hi,

we are using a couple of 7304 NSE-100 routers, each transiting ~250
Mbps traffic (both ways). CPU load averages at ~10% (BGP, OSPF,
ACLs used).

Everything's bright and shiny until we enable policy based routing.
CPU load will increase to ~55% on average, up to 85% if PBR is
applied to more than one interface.

While I'm aware PBR is currently not accelerated by PXF, I was
wondering if Cisco is planning to support PBR acceleration via PXF
in the near future? (I'm not able to find any related info on Cisco's web
pages).

Any info is much appreciated (on or off-list).
--- MB