[c-nsp] Port Redirection

Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Sat Jul 9 13:42:51 EDT 2005

On 09.07.2005 19:17 Stephen J. Wilcox wrote

> you can use policy routing - match port 25 and set next hop to a local smtp
> server which does some ipchains/nat voodoo to accept the tcp connection. this
> will only work for a direct attached smpt server as the cisco is only pushing
> the packet to the server and not rewriting the ip destination

I guess you are looking for SSG ( Service Selection Gateway)
(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a0080110bf0.html#1054227)

Arnold

> Steve
>
> On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Paul Stewart wrote:
>
>> Hi there...
>>
>> Is there a way or can someone point me to a document on forcing users to
>> use a specific smtp server on Cisco IOS?  In other words, no matter what
>> smtp server a remote site has setup, they will always transparently
>> connect to a specific smtp server?  These remote sites have Cisco
>> routers that we manage ...
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Paul

Arnold Nipper / nIPper consulting, Sandhausen, Germany
email: arnold at nipper.de       phone: +49 6224 9259 299
mobile: +49 172 2650958         fax: +49 6224 9259 333