[c-nsp] Re: 12.2(25)S5 ipInReceives gone

Andre Beck cisco-nsp at ibh.net
Sun Jul 10 15:19:34 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 10:59:51PM +0200, Daniel Roesen wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 06:06:03PM +0200, Andre Beck wrote:
> > seems upgrading to 12.2(25)S5 broke the IP-MIB counter for received
> > datagrams. Due to another glitch with that release (interfaces that did
> > not have "ip route-cache flow" enabled were upgraded to have
> > "no ip route-cache cef",
>
> Hm, didn't see this "no ip route-cache cef" problem with 12.2(25)S5.
> Which version did you came from?

12.0(21)S7 IIRC ;)

Except for those minor glitches, it seems to make it well on the 7204VXR
with NPE225 in question. I'll have a look into the QoS (MQC) capabilities
these days, maybe it becomes the IOS of choice for all my backbone boxes.
12.2(18)Sn is in use, too, but was primarily deployed to get working RBE
only. We were considering to go to 12.3 main line, but now that 12.2S
seems to mature out and get hot features like the new NetFlow infra-
structure, maybe staying on the S train is feasible. The primary reason
for this upgrade was we needed some support for QSC TAL bundling and in
12.0S, "ip load-sharing per-packet" was configurable but didn't work on
ATM subinterfaces. Additionally, we wanted MP over PPPoA as an alternative.
Now that CEF per-packet is working great, we'll probably not touch MP in
this area (until we *need* packet sequencing and LFI, likely for Voice),
the configuration concepts look too weird to me (no equivalent to a Mu
interface it seems, just ugly VA business).

Andre.
--
                  The _S_anta _C_laus _O_peration

-> Andre Beck    +++ ABP-RIPE +++    IBH Prof. Dr. Horn GmbH, Dresden <-