[c-nsp] Pix security levels

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Mon Jul 11 17:52:30 EDT 2005

I thought I understood the Pix but I think I was mistaken.

I have dual Pix 525's running 6.3.4 code.

I have 8 interfaces, inside, outside, failover and 5 DMZs.  I need some
traffic to pass from one DMZ to another.  I have setup ACLs on each DMZ
interface to allow the traffic.  I have also setup static NAT so that should
not be an issue.  But the only way to get traffic from one to the other is
to lower the security level on the one DMZ (same security level doesn't
work).  I thought that Security level went out the door when you use the
static NAT and ACL's. Am I wrong (I must be)?  Can someone send me a link to
help me understand this better?

TIA

Scott