[c-nsp] Blocking vlan 1 on trunked ports?

Michael Smith mksmith.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 18:30:19 EDT 2005

You cannot remove it because of a policy issue or because the command
won't execute?  If it's the latter then it is either a software issue
(wrong IOS) or a hardware issue (a switch that doesn't support a high
enough IOS to allow for removing VLAN 1).

So, you could make VLAN 2 (or whatever) the management VLAN on all of
your switches and then you can also set the Native VLAN for the trunk
to something other than 1.

switchport trunk native <x>

Mike