[c-nsp] Cisco 7206VXR as ATM switch

Shiraz shiraz.malik at dancom.com.pk
Wed Jun 1 06:44:37 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm using a Cisco 7206VXR (Broadband Remote Access Server) primarily for the
purpose of ATM termination using PPPoE. IP is assigned by the RADIUS after
successful authentication. IOS version is 12.2(15)T8.

I'm thinking of using this router as ATM switch as well as BRAS for ATM
termination. I'd like to switch few customers for point-to-point connections
in order to establish L2 VPNs using ATM switching. I'd also want to
terminate ATM using PPPoE for Internet customers.

Is it possible to use this 7206VXR to fulfill both purposes? Is there any
specific IOS which can provide ATM switching feature along with ATM
termination?

Any comment/suggestion/help would be highly appreciated.

Regards.

--
Shiraz Malik