[c-nsp] Re: URPF on small BGP-enabled customers?

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Fri Jun 3 15:36:58 EDT 2005

On 04/06/2005, at 12:16 AM, Pete Templin wrote:

> It's not a good compromise.  There are (stupid, IMHO) networks who are
> single-homed to Sprint but run BGP and do NOT have a default route.
> No-export means no-reachy to those networks.

This happened to us recently  (i.e. single homed, non-defaulted network
didn't get our prefixes due to no-export).  I clearly remember
wondering at the the time how anyone could be quite that daft.  It
never ceases to amaze me just how creatively stupid the human brain
will allow you to be if you try hard enough.

David