[c-nsp] Bonded (IMA) SDSL Config

Per Carlson ml at carlson.homeunix.net
Sat Jun 4 09:48:45 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 11:02:13AM +0100, Alistair Cockeram wrote:

> I'm looking at doing bonded sdsl on a 1721 with two shdsl wics but am
> struggling to find any existing configuration examples for this setup.

Are you trying using two WIC-1SHDSL cards? I do think this is only
possible with the newer 4-wire enabled WIC-1SHDSL-V2 card. Btw, I don't
think it isn't possible to bond two of those cards either.

The bonding of G.SHDSL wires is done using IMA, and there is probably no way to
run IMA across different WIC's.

> If anyone can throw me a link or a running config dump then I would
> appreciate it, thanks.

Using the V2 card it's straightforward, just enable the '4-wire mode'
(line-mode [2-wire | 4-wire | auto]).  There will be only one
ATM-interface, so you can reuse the rest of the config from a 2-wire
box.

There is a good config guide on CCO, just search for 'wic-1shdsl-v2' and
look for the documentation road-map -> Software Configuration.

--

Regards, Per Carlson

Frisbeetarianism, n.: The belief that when you die, your soul goes
up on the roof and gets stuck.