[c-nsp] large scale NAT/PAT solution

Goran Gajic ggajic at sbb.co.yu
Tue Jun 7 17:19:38 EDT 2005

Hi,

I currently have something like 7000 users that are NAT-ed/PAT-ed (depending on
their service) through 7206vxr (NPE-G1) box running IOS 12.4.It has something
like 40k NAT enteries and CPU usage of 75%. However I'm looking for long term
solution that would be able to NAT/PAT something like 40-50k users (20-30
ubr7246 aggregated into one point where NAT box (or nat boxes) would be). What
would be  recommended solution for this scenario? I was thinking about 7609
box.  Note however that I can't run only NAT or PAT because of service policy.
Thanks in advanced.

Regards,
Goran Gajic