[c-nsp] Voice header compression Problem with IETF encapsulation

Yasser Aly yaseraly00 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 09:38:25 EDT 2005

Hello,

  I am trying to apply rtp header compression on a frame-relay interface.

I am using the configuration below but error popping shows that header compression is not supported with IETF encapsulation. I have to use IETF as the other end of this connection is over ATM interface so Frame-Relay to ATM internetworking is in the middle. What can be done to solve this problem?

Configuration Below:
==============

interface Serial0/0
 no ip address
 encapsulation frame-relay IETF
 no fair-queue
 frame-relay traffic-shaping
 frame-relay lmi-type ansi

error message while adding the ip rtp header compression or fr ip rtp header compression:

Router(config)#interface Serial0/0
Router(config-if)#ip rtp header-compression

%Interface is set for IETF encapsulation! IP header compression is supported only over CISCO encapsulation!

Router(config-if)#
Router(config-if)#frame-relay ip rtp header-compression
%Interface is set for IETF encapsulation! IP header compression is supported only over CISCO encapsulation!