[c-nsp] drops on Vlan interface - sup720

Dale W. Carder dwcarder at doit.wisc.edu
Thu Jun 23 05:30:53 EDT 2005

On Jun 22, 2005, at 4:46 AM, Jerome Fleury wrote:
> I see drops on a vlan interface on my Sup720.

See if you can correlate the flushes w/ high cpu on the RP.
If the cpu starts to give up, SPD kicks in.

As for the drops, try bumping up the input queue size as
others have suggested.  75 is really conservative.

Also see if you can capture a snapshot of the packets in
the queue w/ sh buffers input-interface blah header.
Maybe something is out of whack.

Causes I've seen for angering the 720 RP include acl
logging, really hammering it w/ snmp, super big subnets
with a ton of arp, route churn, and multicast ttl threshold.
This list is by no means exhaustive.

I'd be interested in what you find.

Dale