[c-nsp] 6500 parity error

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Jun 24 09:49:56 EDT 2005

I just got one of these on one of our 6509s.

%SYSTEM_CONTROLLER-SP-3-ERROR: Error condition detected: TM_DATA_PARITY_ERROR

Googling or searching cio for %SYSTEM_CONTROLLER-SP-3-ERROR: yields 0
hits.  Searching cio for TM_DATA_PARITY_ERROR turned up 2 hits (one for
the 6500, one for the 7600, probably the same data) for 12.1E software.

Error Message    MISTRAL-SP-3-ERROR: Error condition detected:
[chars]

Explanation    The most common errors from the Mistral ASIC on the
supervisor engine are TM_DATA_PARITY_ERROR and TM_NPP_PARITY_ERROR.
Possible causes of these parity errors are random static discharge or
other external factors.

In 12.2(18)SXD3, is SYSTEM_CONTROLLER-SP-3-ERROR = MISTRAL-SP-3-ERROR ?

Would this be from the memory on the SUP2 (not the MSFC2 memory)?