[c-nsp] Perhaps OT: Call Manager Features vs. "Real" PBXs

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 16:39:53 EDT 2005

This may be slightly OT for this list, so I apologize if it seems to
far off the beaten path.

My company is actively working with multiple IP telephony vendors to
determine if any of them would be a good fit for our organization. As
part of this research we have talked to a number of end users of all
of these systems. One complaint I have heard a few times about Cisco
Call Manager is that it is often missing features that regular users
of "real" PBXs expect to see.

I'm curious to find out if anyone on this list has experience with
"real" PBXs, perhaps from Nortel, NEC, Avaya, or Mitel. If you do, and
you're running a relatively recent version of Call Manager, how do you
feel about the CM feature set? Are you missing any features that you
used to have on your old PBXs before you migrated to VoIP?

Thanks!
John