[c-nsp] Cisco 2610 & NM-4E Problems

Claydon, Tom Tom.Claydon at DobsonTelco.net
Thu Mar 3 09:08:10 EST 2005

I recently installed an NM-4E module in a Cisco 2610 router (IOS 12.1),
and the router sees the card, and shows all of the Ethernet interfaces
in the config, but the "EN" LED in the lower right-hand corner stays on
orange. I haven't had a chance to test all of the interfaces but the
first two Ethernet ports seem to be working fine. The router also
doesn't report any errors on boot regarding this module.

Cisco docs mention that the card isn't "Enabled", but I can't find much
more beyond that. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks,

= TC