[c-nsp] In your opinions, is this an IOS bug or not?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sat Mar 5 02:37:57 EST 2005

All good info except that the http inspect statement in the
router was already setup to deny Java from everywhere save one
site.  And the testing was done after hours when only the IT
people and myself were using the dual T1s.  And we did not
surf to Java sites.

And, even when the http inspect statement was removed, the
router still only lasted about 7 hours before it stopped passing
packets.

> There is also this one:CSCed37905  IOS IDS causes HTTP
> performance to go to
> a crawl.  Fixed in  12.3(7.5), 12.3(7.6)T

There were no ip audit statements in the router at all.  IDS was not
enabled.

Ted