[c-nsp] Cisco 3550 and QoS Monitoring

Marco Matarazzo marmata at libero.it
Thu Mar 17 08:23:23 EST 2005

Hi all,

I've a couple of 3550-48-SMI as access routers, all port being Layer3
directly facing the customers. Each port has policing enabled in ingress and
egress, to limit customer's traffic.
If I monitor the interface statistisc via snmp, I can only get prepoliced
traffic (that's, if my customer is pushing me 10Mbps, and I'm policing him a
1Mbps, I get the 10Mbps graphic).
Then I tried to monitor the pèorts using PORT-QOS-MIB. It should have all
the infos I need, in fact the cportQosStatsEntry contains the following for
each port and direction:

Pre Policy Packets
Pre Policy Octets
Post Policy Packets
Post Policy Octets
Drop Packets
Drop Octets
Classified Octets
Classified Packets

The goal is to be able to graph Post Policy Octets, so I've a real
understanding of what it's going on.
Unfortunately, all the Post Policy fields are 0... I have meaningful values
for Prepolicy, Drop and Classfied octets, but no post policy at all... is
that 'normal'?

I'm using IOS 12.1(22)EA1 right now.

Thanks!
]\/[arco